The Perfect Certified Irish Angus Steak Sandwich
Indulge yourself with our take on the perfect steak sandwich
Beef Cut: Striploin
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4x thick slices Sourdough bread
- 454g Certified Irish Angus Striploin Steak
- Olive oil
- 1x Garlic clove
- Rocket leaves (or your preferred lettuce)
- Caramelised red onions
- Blue cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Caramelised Red Onion recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3x large red onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1x tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Remove steaks from packaging and allow to come to room temperature
Make the caramelised red onions:
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan over a low heat. Add the onions, salt & pepper and let sauté over a low heat for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking until they become soft and a golden colour.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and turn the heat up to medium to dissolve the sugar and reduce the vinegar until the mixture is sticky and like a jam.
Add a little oil to either side of steak and season well with salt and pepper. Finely chop and mash the garlic clove on a chopping board.
Place a griddle pan on a high heat until smoking hot. Add the steaks and cook to preference (2-4 minutes per side). When turning steaks, add the garlic if using and let this brown.
Add sourdough bread to griddle pan and toast on either side, until nicely charred and remove to plate.
We added mayo to the base of the slices
Place blue cheese on top of each steak (If using) and let melt
Spread a spoonful of caramelised red onions on the toasted sourdough bread.
Top with the steak and add a handful of greens
Season with salt and black pepper to taste and serve immediately