Certified Irish Angus Beef Massaman Curry
A tasty Certified Irish Angus dish, perfect for a midweek or family meal.
Beef Cut: Sirloin Steak
- 450g Certified Irish Angus Sirloin Steaks, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp massaman curry paste (or red curry paste)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 large pak choi, (kale or spinach could work either)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- Handful of salted peanuts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Coriander to garnish.
Combine the curry paste, garlic, ginger and sesame oil, and mix together until fully combined. Take half of it and mix in a bowl with the sliced steak. Let marinade for about 15-30mins.
Heat a wok over high heat with 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil and cook the beef in batches until just cooked, for approx. 2 mins. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
Place the wok back onto the heat with 1 tbsp of oil and stir fry the onions for about 2 mins, then add in the remaining paste mix. Add in the chopped pak choi and stir fry until just tender.
Pour in the coconut milk, soy sauce, and honey and bring to the boil. Add in the cooked beef and stir until all is coated.
Serve with cooked rice and a sprinkling of chopped peanuts and coriander.